Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Exposure! (Click here for more information)

Surprise Surprise more big holes in the ceiling exposing the BGA Staff to the mole the bird droppings, rat dropping, bug droppings, died rats, live rats, died and live cockroaches and yes everybody has had the extreme pleasure and enjoyment of crossing paths with at least one of these little creatures. Their all over the building I wouldn't be surprised to find out their holding the building up. That big patch beside the half missing tile, that's mold, tell me would you let your children live in a room that's full of mold because the BGA management not only expects it, that's where they put you when your being punished. Here's one for the department of health when an employee is punished for something small infraction their sent to work on the third floor where the concentration of mold, bird Fecal droppings and air born fiberglass from the rafters and rusted out air-conditioner ventilation shafts is higher then any where in the building. BGA Management knows the condition of the air-conditioner but they have no intention of getting it fixed, why because they don't own the building Marketplace does and Marketplace hasn't repaired one thing inside the building since well ...... almost never. They did fix the roof when the water started to drip, did I say drip, I meant pour into a $30,000 laser print and they were told they were going to get the bill for the printer. And there was the time they had to fix the ceiling when it completely separated from the building and fell three floors completely destroying the stair way to the main lobby. Fortunately for Marketplace nobody was under it when it dropped, what do you suppose they will do when the whole building collapses get out the glue.

This is just a very small example of the amount of water that is constantly leaking into BGA. This place is cold with the Air conditioning running all of the time, its damp and its moldy and musty. lets see who and what disease could be a threat under those conditions.

What is Legionnaires' disease?

Legionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia. It was named after an outbreak of severe pneumonia which affected a meeting of the American Legion in 1976. It is an uncommon but serious disease.

The illness occurs more frequently in men than women. It usually affects middle-aged or elderly people and it more commonly affects smokers or people with other chest problems. Legionnaires' disease is uncommon in younger people and is very uncommon under the age of 20.

About half the cases of legionnaires' disease are caught abroad. The other half are the result of infections acquired in the UK.

How do people get it?

The germ which causes legionnaires' disease is a bacterium called Legionella pneumophila. People catch legionnaires' disease by inhaling small droplets of water suspended in the air which contain the Legionella bacterium. However, most people who are exposed to Legionella do not become ill.

Legionnaires' disease does not spread from person to person.

Where does it come from?

The bacterium which causes legionnaires' disease is widespread in nature. It mainly lives in water, for example ponds, where it does not usually cause problems. Outbreaks occur from purpose-built water systems where temperatures are warm enough to encourage growth of the bacteria, eg in cooling towers, evaporative condensers and whirlpool spas (tradename Jaccuzi) and from water used for domestic purposes in buildings such as hotels.

Most community outbreaks in the UK have been linked to installations such as cooling towers or evaporative condensers which can spread droplets of water over a wide area. These are found as part of air-conditioning and industrial cooling systems.

Maybe water in a creek or the water that gets pumped out of the holding tanks at BGA after it rains. All that humidity in the warehouse. Who knows what could happen.

No comments: